Managing a system this complex requires a passion for technology. In offices from Vancouver to Hamilton and places in between, our talented people work hard every day to find solutions, create value, and push boundaries.
Reliq is growing, and we’re looking for a Product Manager to join our Vancouver office. We’re a collaborative, close-knit group who are passionate about building well-designed software, improving health outcomes, and enhancing quality of life for patients and families.
Are you an experienced, data-driven product manager with a proven track record of success and a passion for shipping and launching high-quality healthcare software products? You might be the right fit to help us take the iUGO product suite to the next level! You’ll be working closely with an amazing team to help create and deliver innovative, well-designed new products while seeking the best ways to make existing products even better. This is a dynamic role at an established, rapidly growing startup: the ideal candidate loves facing new challenges and tackling tough problems, with the ability to create and implement efficient processes and systems as the company and product continue to grow. You’ll be collaborating with our Director of Product and CVO to develop a detailed plan to execute on their product vision, ensuring that detailed roadmaps are created, priorities are accurately established and communicated, deadlines are met, and customer needs and market opportunities are understood by key stakeholders. You’re the type who brings a positive attitude to work every day, finds great satisfaction in doing your best work, enjoys a little bit of (well managed) chaos and excitement in your job, and are genuinely passionate about delivering a high-quality product that delights our customers. If this sounds like you, we’d love to meet you and learn more!
• Work closely with the CVO and Director of Products to define and document their vision for the iUGO suite of products, building consensus on the overall priorities for products and releases
• Collaborate with the Project Management and Business Analysis teams to gather project-specific requirements, assess timelines, negotiate trade-offs, and drive delivery of project needs within the release process
• Implement and manage the end-to-end change and release control processes for iUGO products in coordination with the development, product, and QA teams
• Manage the rollout and expectations of new products and/or product features
• In collaboration with the Director of Products, create and manage the product roadmap for new, existing, and conceptualized products and product features
• Act as a key stakeholder in the product QA and testing process, working closely with the development, QA, and product teams to ensure that every release meets defined quality standards
• Solicit input from internal resources such as Support, Training, and Implementation to develop a constant awareness of customer pain points, desired features, and general feedback
• Act as a subject matter expert on the needs of the iUGO customer base, building relationships and communicating directly with customers to better understand their needs and identify potential market opportunities for iUGO
• Define and analyze metrics related to product and release success
Other duties as required. These may include tasks such as assisting with support, product QA, technical documentation, collaborative design review and feedback, or providing input as a subject matter expert in customer priorities or clinical workflow
• 3+ years experience managing software products in the healthcare sector (preferably including enterprise-level software), with demonstrated success building and launching new products
• Strong understanding of the unique patient safety, regulatory, and informatics considerations specific to healthcare software products
• Skilled negotiator who can effectively build consensus between multiple stakeholders in the product process, including executive management
• Analytical, logical, and data-driven mindset; able to get down in the details while still keeping a clear view of the bigger picture
• Direct experience in developing and delivering on a product roadmap
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to tailor communications to both technical users and non-technical healthcare clients
• Skilled in the creation of professional, well-written product and project documentation
• A positive attitude and a love for problem-solving and tough, but manageable, challenges
• Proactive with a demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a deadline driven, fast-paced environment
• Must be legally able to work in Canada – Infrequent travel may be required including to the U.S.; passport or other acceptable travel documentation required